Chances are you’ve already envisioned your dream home. Now you can expand your vision and dream green
Green Home Consulting will help you select a team of professionals who will work together to create the high-performance, luxurious home you want. Here are a few things to consider when you decide to go green:
- Plan ahead and take an integrated approach to your homebuilding project so that the components work as one system to maximize economic benefits.
- Establish a “green” construction budget.
- Emphasize reduced construction waste by deconstructing, salvaging, and recycling.
- Prioritize and do the easy steps first, like passive building designs.
- Plan to maximize use of natural daylight.
- Make informed choices by asking a lot of questions about techniques and products, including the products’ life cycles.
- Make maximizing energy efficiency a goal because the cheapest energy is energy never used.
- Focus on healthy indoor air quality by choosing materials with a low chemical content.
- Consider multi-use spaces to maximize efficiency and functionality.
- Manage stormwater to reduce expenses and benefit local waterways.
- Tell your construction team members to buy local whenever practical.